Friday 20 September 2013

Mid Autumn Festival cum Annivesary Dinner

Wednesday, i bought a stove for the new house. Not planning to buy the oven, i still couldn't resist to take a look on the row of oven that make wonders. And i failed to stop myself from buying an Oven. After that, i went for grocery shopping and yup, everything is completed!! yeah!! i can start cooking again!!!

But i was regretted on buying the oven because Mr. Teo told me i can redeem one by using his credit card point! There goes my money! In order not to make myself feel even worse, i decided to make something by using the oven on this special day of mine.



Ta Dang!!! My trademark dish Honey Lemon Chicken. Story is i met 5 very close friends while pursuing my studies in Glasgow, we take care of each other by gathered at one's place for dinner very often. They are all very good in cooking. I got to taste superb Taiwan, India and western food. As i was feeling ashamed by not contributing any meal, i suddenly got an idea to make this honey lemon chicken. I was so naive by just using my logic to make this chicken. They even laughed at me as i didn't use salt. The best part is, it turned out SO good! The recipe is very simple: chicken, yellow lemon juice and honey, (butter optional). Maybe that's how magic works.
This was the one i made. We didn't manage to take a photo before the meal as it didn't really looks so good and we already have a backup plan to eat out if it didn't taste good.

It no longer taste the same no matter how many times i tried making. Perhaps it is because of the old saying : "your heart and mind are not the same anymore" Pathetic i know but life goes on....

Back to my "romantic" dinner. Anyway the chicken tasted ok but i will marinate before i put into oven next time. (i don't have time for that because time was running out)
After the chicken, i make the dessert too. I was wondering at first to make cheese cake or chocolate cake. I then go for chocolate cake because it has been ages i didn't make this already.
For me, it tasted HEAVEN!!! hahahahaha..... i used semi-sweet baking chocolate by Hershey's because i know no matter how i ruin the cake, it will still taste very nice. hahahahhaha!

BUT!!!!!! Bro and Mr. Teo are not satisfied with the food and request for Mee hun kueh. So after making these two, i made the dough again. Basically, i cooked non-stop from 6.30pm till 10.30 pm just to make them full. i could feel i'm getting old and my stamina was no longer the same as i could feel my sour back. OH NO!! sign of aging!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!  And guess what, their vote still goes to my mee hun kueh and the dough i made couldn't satisfied all of them. WHAT? HELLO! My main dishes of the day is chicken and the cake, NOT the mee hun kueh..

Anyway, everything is finished except the tasty cake. That goes my mid autumn festival without moon cake and lantern but a lot of cooking.

p/s everyone still miss my mee hun kueh and i'm going to make again today. What to do?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment